I run a non-profit pet food bank supplying donated dog and cat food to rescue groups, shelters and sanctuaries. In 2010, I distributed over 1.2 million pounds of food to needy animals throughout CA.
If you are a non-profit rescue group/shelter and would like to be added to my distribution list please send an email to
with "add to dog/cat food distribution list
" in the subject.
Important Procedures and Policies for Food Bank
- Food is only for registered non-profit organizations. Proof of non-profit status will be required on day of pick up.
- Email alerts go out to the list when I have food to distribute. Once alert goes out food is based on a first come first serve basis and based on the need of a rescue group/shelter.
- The food can not be sold under any circumstance. We mark through the bar codes to assure this but anyone selling food will be immediately removed from future food banks and legal action will be taken against them.
- If you are confirmed for food and do not show up for pick up you will be be removed from the food list and placed on the "no food list". Not showing up for food creates many problems. It creates more work for the volunteer who handles all the emails. She assumes all the food is allocated but at the end of the day food is left. Secondly, we plan on moving the food out of warehouses to make room for more trucks. But, when food is left we can't fit more food in the warehouse and have to turn away food. Thirdly, it creates more work for me and the volunteers who distribute it as we have to go to the warehouse on an additional day to distribute. As I state on the confirmations you must cancel your food order 24 hours in advance.
- If you can't fit all the food you were confirmed for in your vehicle ...you can not come on a different day to pick it up. What you can't fit will be donated to other groups or the shelter.
- There is no picking flavors, dry food, wet food, etc. On distribution day you will receive whatever pallet is accessible.
- If you are confirmed for food you must follow the parking and clean up instructions. We instruct you that you must take all cardboard and plastic with you. Please help us keep the warehouses clean
- I am able to keep the cost of the food extremely low due to getting warehouse space donated. In addition, the only cost to rescue groups is the cost of the trucking. This is a 100% non-profit food bank.
Thanks! - Jane